Kansas City, Missouri USA – Virtual Railfan LIVE
This is a live stream of Kansas City, Missouri, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: 6/11/18
This pair of cameras is located on the roof of Doc’s Caboose: http://www.docscaboose.com/
Welcome to Virtual Railfan, please read this important info.
This camera is located at Doc’s Caboose in the West Bottoms of Kansas City, Missouri. Visit Doc on the web or stop by his shop, it’s loaded with everything a modeler could want! http://www.docscaboose.biz
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but please check out the rules below.
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• This a train chat, please avoid discussing personal matters
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
These are the tracks of Union Pacific Railroad’s (UP’s) Kansas City Metro Sub, the former Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP, MOP, or MoPac for short), located in Kansas City’s West Bottoms. The tracks here cross the city’s street grid at an angle, resulting in several crossings in the middle of intersections.
Besides through freight trains, you will also see several locals. The first, typically with one engine, switches cars on the tracks of the small yard seen on the west (default) camera, located just to the right of the main tracks. The second, typically with 2 UP SD40-2’s, does yard transfers between Armstrong and Neff Yards; Armstrong is to the west and Neff to the east of the cameras. And the third, during the overnight hours, which is called the “Loop Train”, also does yard transfers, and typically has 2 EMD/Progress Rail (PREX) ex-BNSF, nee-AT&SF SD75M’s. This local is part of the Kansas City Terminal Railway (KCT) operations.
There is an ATCS layout available with good server (data) coverage for the UP’s KC Metro Sub (when downloaded, select the “aggregator”), and the cameras are located adjacent to control point (CP) Hickory Street. There are other ATCS layouts available for the general Kansas City area as well, including for the KCT’s own trackage.
There is a radio stream available for the KCT’s own trackage and operations, but not for the UP’s KC Metro Sub, listening to AAR channels 26, 60, and 80: http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/283/327/
This is a Freight ONLY line. Amtrak does NOT run in view of these cameras.
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 71 cams from 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at email@example.com. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.